Managing and tracking orders in today's busy physician's office is a critical part of managing patient care. However, this is a very difficult process when using traditional paper based systems. Practice Partner Order Entry, a complete computerized physician order entry (CPOE) system, facilitates the creation, fulfillment, and tracking of the order process.
Practice Partner Order Entry helps reduce data entry errors due to illegible and incomplete information.
Additionally, Practice Partner Order Entry brings in useful information at the time an order is created. This information can include patient insurance plan rules, order-specific diagnosis codes, and order-specific patient and processor instructions.
Order Entry not only helps you track and manage the order process, it is seamlessly integrated into the Practice Partner electronic medical record. This level of integration allows for complete documentation of the order process from the progress note to the order results. Plus Practice Partner Order Entry provides comprehensive order reporting tools, allowing one to track order activity at both the provider and practice level.
Complete Documentation of the Order Process
Order Entry is integrated into Practice Partner Patient Records ensuring the ordering process is documented in the patient's electronic medical record. Because this information is stored in the patients chart it is easily accessible at the point of care.
Better Real-time Order Tracking and Management
The Practice Partner CPOE system provides several built-in reports that you can use to monitor ordering benchmarks. These comprehensive reporting tools allow you to better manage your practice order activities. For example you can run an overdue orders report that allows you to follow up on orders that are pending to make sure they get processed, and to follow up with facilities for orders that have been sent but not completed.
Reduce Data Entry Errors During Ordering
A computerized order entry system ensures the order is legible and complete reducing data entry errors that can be caused by paper-based systems.
Improve Workflow and Save Time
The flexibility of the Practice Partner CPOE system allows you to initiate an orders directly from the patient's progress note or from a provider specific order tree. When processing the orders you have the option of printing orders on paper and sending them to a clinical reference lab or they can be sent electronically. Orders sent electronically provide speed and efficiency for processing. Order Entry dramatically reduces the amount of time spent filling in the lab requisition and related paperwork.
Below are just a few of the key features in the Practice Partner Order Entry system.
- Order Laboratory Data or Ancillary services from the progress note or order tree
- Set user authorization qualifications
- Configure order trees and order sets to meet the specific needs of providers
- Define when a stat or routine order becomes overdue
- Create custom forms to match printed forms from various labs and facilities
- Send orders electronically to the processing facilities
- Orders can require a pre-authorization from insurance carriers
- Insurance sensitivity for facilities and diagnosis codes
- View the cost of each order or order set
- Medical Necessity and ABN checking for Medicare
- Create patient and operator instructions
- Automatically track the date, time, and signature of orders
- Real time order analysis and orders overdue reporting
- Pre-load virtually every order possible into the system
- Set up progress note templates so that orders will be initiated automatically when the note is saved
- Configure order sets that initiate several orders as a group at once
- Create order sets that is made up of a frequently used orders
- Track the order to make sure results are received when expected
- Generate reports to analyze turnaround times for orders based on specific providers or patients